Monday, October 31, 2011

Psalm 134

1 Behold, bless ye the LORD, all ye servants of the LORD, which by night stand in the house of the LORD.
2 Lift up your hands in the sanctuary, and bless the LORD.
3 The LORD that made heaven and earth bless thee out of Zion.

Key Verse:
3 The LORD that made heaven and earth bless thee out of Zion.

Key Observation:
A psalm of worship in Jerusalem. Note that the Lord is to bless “out of Zion”.

Devotion:
McGee: “This is the final psalm in the pilgrim’s progress. We have arrived. And in this psalm the pilgrim stands in the temple and lifts his voice in praise with the multitude. This is the grand amen, a threefold amen.”

How we should stand in church and bless His holy name! I sometimes wonder if I am going to have to wait until I get to heaven to learn how to really praise the Lord. As a person, I find myself unwilling to voice the praise in my heart that is there, and that is not counting the times when I find myself slothful in church. Maybe when we all are changed, for the first time I will give voice to praise Him. If so, you might not want to be next to me as I have a very loud voice. Come to think of it, there may be quite a crescendo in those days and I won’t be the only one!

Imagine the pilgrims coming to Jerusalem, standing next to one another and exalting their God. One day this psalm will again ring true, as peoples from all over the world gather to worship Him. What a day that will be!

McGee, J. Vernon (1990-01-30). Thru the Bible 1-5 (5 Volume Set) (Kindle Locations 51439-51440). Grupo Nelson. Kindle Edition.


When We All Get to Heaven
Eliza E. Hewitt, pub.1898

1.Sing the wondrous love of Jesus,
Sing His mercy and His grace;
In the mansions bright and blessed
He’ll prepare for us a place.

Refrain:
When we all get to heaven,
What a day of rejoicing that will be!
When we all see Jesus,
We’ll sing and shout the victory!

2.While we walk the pilgrim pathway,
Clouds will overspread the sky;
But when trav’ling days are over,
Not a shadow, not a sigh.

3.Let us then be true and faithful,
Trusting, serving every day;
Just one glimpse of Him in glory
Will the toils of life repay.

4.Onward to the prize before us!
Soon His beauty we’ll behold;
Soon the pearly gates will open;
We shall tread the streets of gold.


No comments: