Friday, August 12, 2011

Psalm 54

1 Save me, O God, by thy name, and judge me by thy strength.
2 Hear my prayer, O God; give ear to the words of my mouth.
3 For strangers are risen up against me, and oppressors seek after my soul: they have not set God before them. Selah.
4 Behold, God is mine helper: the Lord is with them that uphold my soul.
5 He shall reward evil unto mine enemies: cut them off in thy truth.
6 I will freely sacrifice unto thee: I will praise thy name, O LORD; for it is good.
7 For he hath delivered me out of all trouble: and mine eye hath seen his desire upon mine enemies.

Key Verse:
3 For strangers are risen up against me, and oppressors seek after my soul: they have not set God before them. Selah.

Key Observation:
Antichrist is hinted at in verse three. His end is in verse five and verse seven.

Memory Verse:
4 Behold, God is mine helper: the Lord is with them that uphold my soul.
or NIV:
4 Surely God is my help; the Lord is the one who sustains me.

Devotion:

The introduction to 54 makes it plain that David was betrayed to Saul by the Ziphites. Israel will be betrayed one day by the antichrist. Strangers will rise up against Israel in that day. Again God will deliver Israel with what I term: A Flair for the Dramatic.

The 70th week of Daniel has never been fulfilled. It will be a seven year period of judgment and is well known to man as “Armageddon”, though Armageddon is but one component of this seven year period. The earth will have severe judgments passed upon it, but on the other side, at the very end of the 70th week the Lord will begin a reign on earth. Neither will anyone teach others to know the Lord, for they will all know Him, from the least to the greatest.

How busy I should be in the light of time passing. I do not know how much time is left, and I would use each second to the glory of God. Oh, Lord, fill me with thy Spirit, and use me in these last times, that I may speak of your glory, and yet that some others may find the peace of knowing Christ.
’Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to take Him at His Word;
Just to rest upon His promise,
And to know, “Thus saith the Lord!”

No comments: